Posted by on June 26, 2009
When Charlie was a baby I would have to say that I was an inspiration for the other neighborhood Mom’s! I could throw a great party. I thought I should share my party tricks because everybody needs some help. Charlie never can throw a good party. He needs the help… I tell him over and over again that if he would let me help it would be the best party he ever had.
Once again, when deciding on food, remember – think classy! If your idea of cheese does not come out of a can, you’re not thinking hard enough. For authentic classy flavor, be sure to buy generic or store brand food. Not only does it capture the true flavors, it’s also less expensive. We all need to watch our pennies.
Be sure to serve on paper plates with plastic ware. Sporks are even better. You can pick this up at your local KFC.
Selected Menu Items:
- Squeeze Cheese/Squirt Cheese and saltines
- Vienna Sausages wrapped in American cheese. Slice and spear with toothpick
- Spam-kabobs (a little fancy sometimes – make sure you customize your menu to your guests)
- Lots of chips (especially BBQ flavor) No baked kind either! GROSS…. and Pretzels are for wussies
- Pork Rinds
- Beanie-Weenie casserole
- Jello molds with mini marshmallows and plates of twinkies.
- Pickled eggs with my special ingredient – a splash of Cooking Sherry
Basic rule of thumb… the food should be generally good looking to the eye. Any questions about throwing a classy neighborhood shin dig. Just email me. Charlie had Davis’s people set up this email thing for me. I guess it something like writing a note. I’m new at it. But, Aunt Linda and I can figure it out. Speaking of Aunt Linda, she’s on her way to pick me up. I better get going and fix my hair. We’re having dinner at the Sandy Hut and I need to be all put together. We love that place! Everybody is so nice. Cheers!!!